Last Updated on
You’re only 5 minutes and 4 ingredients away from having a chocolate dessert up your sleeve that impresses every time!
I love discovering and posting ‘cheat’ recipes that impress guests but take literally minutes to throw together.
A couple of my personal impressive but super quick and easy dessert favourites on the blog so far are my:
But I really think these 5-minute chocolate pots will be giving them a run for their money!
I spotted this recipe in a little cookbook by an organic chocolate company called Green and Blacks (beautiful chocolate, by the way). I thought about jotting it down, but didn’t even need to.
The recipe’s so easy, I just remembered it.
5 steps, 5 minutes:
Step 1: Melt 200 grams (that’s 7 ounces) melted chocolate (2 minutes tops).
Step 2: Stir 100 ml (just under half a cup) boiling water into it (1 minute).
Step 3: Whisk in 100ml (just under half a cup) double cream (about half a minute).
Step 4: Pour into shot glasses or similar (1 minute tops).
Step 5: Leave to set in the fridge and … enjoy!
These little chocolate pots are rich, as you can imagine. But honestly, not overly so. They’re like a chocolate ganache, but with the bit of added water they’re more like a luxury pudding.
I used a mixture of dark and milk chocolate for my chocolate pots, in a ratio of about 2 to 1, but you can use all dark chocolate or all milk if you prefer.
I also served them with a dollop of whipped cream on top and a piece of shortbread (both of these optional of course).
Adding a teaspoon of vanilla essence works well too, but this is up to you. Other flavours you can add include:
- peppermint essence
- orange zest
- instant coffee
- a large pinch of salt
These chocolate pots are definitely one of my go-to quick impressive desserts.
Give them a try! There’s no way your guests will realise they only took you 5 minutes, you sneaky thing.
To serve your 5-minute chocolate pots:
These whiskey shot glasses (affiliate link) would be perfect for serving your chocolate pots!
Scroll down to the video below the recipe to watch exactly how to make these!
5-minute chocolate pots (only 4 ingredients!)
- 7 ounces chocolate plus a bit extra for grating
- 0.5 cups boiling water (actually, just under half a cup - 100ml)
- 0.5 cups heavy cream heavy cream = double cream (UK), thickened cream also works well (Australia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- Break the chocolate up into a medium bowl, then melt in the microwave in 30-second spurts*.
- Add the water little by little, stirring until you have a smooth paste*.
- Whisk in the cream and vanilla (if using).
- Pour into shot glasses or similar and let set in the fridge (IMPORTANT: see note!).
- Just before serving, top each dessert with a splodge of whipped cream and a bit of grated chocolate (if you like).