Last Updated on
Like nachos? Fan of Greek salad? Why not combine the two and make Greek nachos? Delicious!
A simple but impressive party food idea!
This is one of those ideas that I’ve had in my head for a while, but wasn’t sure would ever see the light of day. For one thing, I wondered if it was just too simple. Laughably easy – an idea rather than a recipe.
Secondly, Mr. Scrummy scoffed a bit when I ran the idea past him. Nothing too new there, and to be honest I usually just ignore him, poor thing, but this time I did wonder if he was right. ‘Aren’t nachos supposed to be cooked, with melted cheese?’ he asked.
Well, I suppose strictly speaking they are, but the more I thought the idea of Greek nachos through, the more I thought they’d be a bit like the idea of summer soup. Or, more obviously, a chopped salad with tortilla chips instead of, say, croutons.
And, let me say (gloat gloat), Mr. Scrummy had to eat his words (along with a huge plate of these Greek nachos), because they really did work.
Ingredients in Greek nachos
After all, you really can’t go wrong with those classic Greek flavours: tomatoes, green peppers, cucumber, olives, onion, and crumbled feta cheese. Because you chop all those lovely salad veggies up so small, the whole effect sort of reminds me of a delicious Greek-style salsa.
Except you don’t even have to go to the effort of dipping, because the ‘salsa’ is already all perfectly placed on top of the chips!
Tips for making the perfect Greek nachos
I find that it’s best to have a really good ratio of toppings to nachos here, so keep the layer of nachos on your platter shallow.
It will look like there are piles of topping, but relax – it’s perfect! And even more perfect with Greek yoghurt drizzled over the top (don’t miss that part out!).
Pro tip: Just as with any nachos, remember to eat these Greek nachos straight away so they don’t get soggy.
Addicted to nachos? Like the idea of vegetarian nachos? Try these delicious 5-bean loaded nachos as well!
More quick and easy party food
- Greek filo parcels with tzatziki
- 6-ingredient mini quiche lorraine
- crispy mushroom filo triangles
- supermarket copycat pesto and cheese twists
- 10-minute fresh tomato salsa
- mini feta cheese triangles
Or see all my easy party food here
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON BY LEAVING A COMMENT AND RATING BELOW… AND DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ALL MY NEW RECIPES BY EMAIL!
- 3.5 ounces good quality nachos
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cubed quite finely
- 1/2 a cucumber cubed finely
- a few slices of onion chopped finely
- about 10 Kalamata olives quartered
- 1/2 a green pepper sliced and cubed finely
- 1.75 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- a few tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Spread the nachos out on a platter, then sprinkle the veggie toppings and feta cheese all over the them.
- Drizzle the yoghurt evenly over the top.
- Serve immediately (small plates and forks might be necessary!).