Last Updated on
If quick and easy pasta meals are your thing, this creamy tomato tagliatelle will rock your world. Make it in just one pan, and on the table in 30 minutes.
Why you have to make this tagliatelle with creamy tomato and chorizo sauce!
- It’s super quick and easy with only a few ingredients.
- It’s really saucy, which for me often equals perfect comfort food.
- It’s a one-pan dish (well, if you don’t count the pasta pan …)
- It’s creamy and cheesy.
- cherry tomatoes!
- passata (tomato sauce in the US)
- tagliatelle (or substitute another kind of pasta – why not?)
That’s just 8 main ingredients!
Most importantly… how do you make it?
This quick pasta meal is insanely easy to throw together.
- Just throw your garlic, chorizo and cherry tomatoes into a bit of sizzling butter and let the tomatoes cook down for ten minutes – until you can squish it into a sort of sauce.
- Then add a bit of passata, cream, parmesan and basil. Dump in your cooked pasta and toss everything together, loosening the dish up with a bit of the pasta cooking water if you feel it needs it.
- Serve with a bit more parmesan and fresh basil to taste and you’ve got a super simple, comforting pasta perfection.
Pro tip: You can adjust the amounts of cream, tomato and parmesan. If you don’t like your pasta sauces to be too creamy just add a splash of cream. If cheese takes you to cheesy heaven then go ahead and dump in another handful of parmesan. It’s totally up to you!
More easy pasta recipes
- 15-minute creamy pesto chicken with mushrooms and parmesan (I usually serve this with tagliatelle!)
- 6-ingredient sausage pappardelle bolognese (recipe includes a stove top or pressure cooker version)
- creamy chicken and mushroom pappardelle
- easy pasta alla norma (tomato and eggplant pasta)
- lemony asparagus and prosciutto pasta (this one’s great for spring!)
Or take a look at all my pasta recipes.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON BY LEAVING A COMMENT AND RATING BELOW… AND DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ALL MY NEW RECIPES BY EMAIL!
One pan tagliatelle with chorizo and creamy tomato sauce
- 1 knob butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes (ripe)
- 3.5 ounces chorizo sausage chopped into small chunks
- 0.5 cups passata
- 1 pinch sugar (large pinch)
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces tagliatelle dried
- 0.25 cups cream (slightly more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons basil (fresh) chopped
- 1 handful parmesan cheese grated, plus extra to taste!
- Put a pot of water on to boil ready for the pasta.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the garlic and tomtoes and let cook on a medium heat until the tomatoes begin to soften. Squash them into the pan a bit so that they begin to form a sauce (about 10 minutes or so). Then add the chorizo to the pan and let cook for a minute or two.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, add the passata and cream to the pan (add the cream to taste – the sauce should be a deep orangey red colour) and let bubble away for a few minutes while the pasta is cooking so that it reduces a bit. Then add most of the parmesan and stir through most of the basil.
- Drain the pasta when cooked, reserving a little of the cooking water, then add it to the pan and mix it into the sauce really well. Add a little of the cooking water to loosen up the sauce if you think it’s necessary.
- Serve the pasta. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and fresh basil. Eat immediately!