It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s pretty healthy. It only contains 7 ingredients. And best of all, you can cook it in one pan. This cherry tomato and mozzarella chicken is one of my go-to midweek dinners for good reason!
A meal that ticks a lot of boxes
- It’s quick, super easy and uses only 7 simple pantry ingredients (including salt and pepper!).
- It’s healthy, (look at all those tomatoes!).
- It’s relatively economical.
- It’s a crowd pleaser. Who doesn’t love chicken, tomato sauce and oozy cheese?
- Best of all – it’s a ONE PAN MEAL.
Main ingredients you need
- chicken breasts
- cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese
- a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- basil (and of course salt and pepper)
How to make it
What I really love about this meal is that you only use one pan – excluding your veggie pan.
Just pan-fry chicken breasts for a couple of minutes on each side with some garlic, simmer with cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and basil for a short while, then top with mozzarella and grill.
How easy is that?
This reminds me a bit of chicken parmigiana – but it’s quite a bit simpler and easier.
I make sure there’s lots of sauce!
How to serve
I usually serve this meal with some fresh or frozen vegetables and 2-minute olive oil toasts.
That’s all it needs! Delicious!
More meals for cherry tomato lovers!
- This pan-fried gnocchi with cherry tomato sauce is absolutely delicious. You’ll make it again and again.
- No explanation needed for this 12-minute cherry tomato pasta!
- This one pan chicken, chorizo and cherry tomatoes is always one of the most popular recipes on the blog. Try it and see why!
More 30-minute(ish) meals
- Creamy lemon chicken orzo soup
- Easy baked gnocchi with sausage, peppers and tomatoes
- Moussaka penne (Greek beef and eggplant pasta bake)
- The simplest stovetop chicken and rice
- OR check out all my easy midweek meals!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON BY LEAVING A COMMENT AND RATING BELOW… AND DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ALL MY NEW RECIPES BY EMAIL!
One-pan cherry tomato and mozzarella chicken
Ingredients (UK/Australia? Click below for grams/ml)
- 1.5-2 tablespoons a large drizzle of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 chicken breasts
- 28 ounces cherry tomatoes (two cans)
- a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- a handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 mozzarella ball sliced
to serve (optional)
- your choice of fresh or frozen vegetables I served frozen peas and sweetcorn
- toasted or crusty bread I served toasted focaccia
- Drizzle the oil into a frying pan/skillet, then heat it up (on a medium heat). Cook the chicken together with the garlic for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour the cherry tomatoes into the pan with the balsamic vinegar, most of the basil, and plenty of salt and pepper. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, then turn the chicken over and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked all the way through, then top each piece with the mozzarella slices. Pop the pan under the broiler/grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Divide the sauce between two plates, then top with the chicken and garnish with the rest of the basil. Serve with the vegetables and bread (if using).